Thursday, March 18, 2010

Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing.
- Robert Benchley

For every man there is something in the vocabulary that would stick to him like a second skin. His enemies have only to find it.
- Ambrose Bierce

If the Romans had been obliged to learn Latin, they would never have found the time to conquer the world.
- Heinrich Heine

Look wise; say nothing and grunt. Speech was given to conceal thought.
- William Osler

The most precious things in speech are pauses.
- Ralph Richardson

I have been a believer in the magic of language since, at a very early age, I discovered that some words got me into trouble and others got me out.
- Katherine Dunn

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
- Mark Twain

Icky icky icky icky fKANG zoop-boing n zowzyin...
- The Knights who so recently said "Nee!", Monty Python

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is a free world...